Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jean Georges Vongerichten Eating Journey

During the holiday season, I've treated myself a special JGV restaurant week as away to pat myself on the back for this year's hard work. My camera broke down right before my JGV journey so you will not see any awesome foodie pictures for a little while.
My JGV journey started out at the Nougatine on my birthday. I saw JG in the kitchen. OMG.... But I was too shy to go introduce myself.
I've started the meal with the Tuna tartare with avocado, spicy radish, and ginger marinade. A touch of ginger flavor enhanced the tuna's freshness and the avocado balanced out the spicy radish.
Next comes the Poached Lobster with fresh tagliatelle, passion fruit, and prawn butter. Wow... I have the say, the amount of lobster in this dish was very generous. The portion of lobster was impressive compared to to the amount of fresh pasta. I also ordered the Soy beef short ribs with apple-jalapeno puree and rosemary crumbs. The short ribs were so tender that it melts in your mouth. The apple sweetness and the spicy jalapeno makes the perfect combination.
The blend of French cuisine with a touch of Asian spice and flavor was refreshing -even if it adds a few extra calories.

Upper West Side: 1 Central Park West, NY (@ the Trump Tower)

No comments: