Thursday, December 18, 2008

JGV Day 2 - Asian Fusion Style

The Meat Packaging district is one of NYC food heaven hotspot and my JVG temptation has led me to the Spice Market. But without reservation, the wait can be at least an hour. Maybe because I was in my JGV quest, I was lucky enough to be seated right as I walked in.
On a not so hungry night, I usually order a few appetizers to get a variety of flavors instead of an entree. Started the night with the Black pepper shrimp with sun dried pineapple. Then followed by the Charred chili rubbed beef skewer with thai basil dipping sauce. And finally came the Spicy thai fried chicken wings with mango and mint. Wow...it was spicy. This was my second visit to Spice Market but I don't recall the dishes being this spicy. I really enjoyed the chicken wings in my first visit but this time, I was a bit disappointed. The wings were way too vinegary and spicy, quite unbearable! After the meal, my tongue was all numb and my lips were as plump as A.Jolie's. But this 1 time bad experience is not enough for me to out Spice Market on my 'No Go List'. I will give it 1 more chance.

Meat Packaging District: 403 W13th Street, NY (x Greenwich St)

No comments: