Sunday, June 8, 2008

Eat on Atlantic

Another blazing hot day, the yearly ArtWalk Tour was a good reason for me to finally explore the not so pleasant treeless streetscape of Atlantic Ave. Silkscreen printing studio - pretty amazing art work. Antique shop after antique shop another antique shop..... CUPCAKE!!! Even though I tried to pretend to “look” artsy in this special ArtWalk event -the CUPCAKES were too hard to resist. Red velvet cupcake with chocolate icing: Vanilla cupcake with white chocolate icing: Whatever cupcake top with Coconut lemon icing. I couldn’t resist myself from just looking at it. I got to have one. The only problem was WHICHONE!!!

Word of wisdom from the elderly, “Savory before Sweet”. But of course, when it comes to food, it’s always first come first EAT. This explains the sequence of my meal -Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner is not in my weekend schedule, Continuing with my “artsy” food hunt of the day, Mia - southeast asian cuisine..... worth a try. Appetizer is usually my pick because i always try leave room for my next upcoming meal, if there is any. Grilled squid stuffed with shrimp, shitaki mushroom and thin glass noodle. Sound interesting, nice presentation, but tastes kind of bland.

Boerum Hill: Atlantic Downtown:364 Atlantic Ave @Hoyt St. & Mia: 497 Atlantic Ave @ Nevin

No comments: