Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bar-ME-que

How can i miss the yearly Bar-ME-Cue Block Party at Madison Square Park. Even though it's 90F, this will not stop me from venturing to the hot bbq grill. Standing in the twist and turn endless line, i actually feel like the piece of meat being grilled on the asphalt pavement.

Since i live in New York, of course i have to try BBQ other than the ones located in NYC. Texas is my first stop. Baker's Ribs from Dallas, Texas. Hidden behind the Bread Mountain is the charcoal black looking ribs. Surprisingly, it's so tender that meat falls off the bone and the meat is so moist and juicy. With the home-made bbq sauce tops its off.
While i'm still chowing down my ribs, i'm already looking for my next stand. South Carolina - Pulled Pork, my next target. This mouth watering Pulled-Pork sandwich is dressed with vinegary bbq sauce that makes me want to line up for another one. But i started to feel a little charred so i decided to hide under the shade before i'm cooked.
Flatiron - Madison Sq Park, E24th & Madison Ave, New York

No comments: