Sunday, June 29, 2008

Indian Home-cooking

Cumin, chili, curry, turmeric, cardamom pods, ..... spices go on and on in Indian cooking recipes. Even though i love eating around but I also love to be my own chef.  After a day of spice hunt, i finally got to start my Chicken Tikka Masala, Spiced Coconut Mushrooms, and the traditional Indian bread a Garlic & Cilantro Nan. I just couldn't eat Indian food without Nan. 
After 3 hours of chopping, mixing, kneading, processing, cooking, and broiling, my kitchen was like a war zone. Used up all the bowls, spoons, spatulas, pans.... the 3 amazing dishes are finally done.


Even though it took the whole afternoon to cook a traditional Indian feast, it only took us 20 minutes to devour the meal. These complex recipes  are definitely not a weekday cooking dishes unless you're a full-time home chef. 

No comments: