Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chicago Food Hunt - Final Day

Milk & Honey is a must-stop brunch place. The line starts unusually early eventhough it's a canteen style self-service restaurant. Pre-order your food prior being seating and self-helped utensils table setup. I was anxious to see what brings the early birds out from their comfy bed on a sunday morning. Thick french toast brioche, Huevos ranchero casserole and a side of bacon were a great combination of savory and sweet for an early start.

Zipping thru the city street, I see that Chicagoians are very proud of their Hot Dogs. "Best Hot Dogs", "Dogs in Town", Dogs Dogs Dogs. I stopped in Downtown Dog, wow alot of dogs. The walls were covered with dogs photos everywhere. Charred dog w/ mustard, tomato, relish. The relish was highly artifically color, kind of turned me off. But after bitting thru the snappy charred dog, I must say, it's better then the nyc dog stands.

No comments: